Thursday 18 May 2017

Across the Bay - a coastal etching



across the bay a coastal etching in indigo by Lisa Le Quelenec at seaside studios
Across the Bay   etching 6x6cm   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec




I thought I would take a break from a canvas that I am working on to print a few more etchings from some plates that I had made a while back. I inked up the plate and began to wipe thinking of the current theme of a strong shaft of light that breaks up the line of the horizon. I think with a little more work the theme will extend well into printmaking. Being able to work across media and develop an idea or technique is something I am eager to explore. This is another varied edition, each print different in the inking.


This print is available on Etsy at Seaside Studios UK.


5 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Love, love, love!! So beautiful - so original, Lisa!

RH Carpenter said...

Looks a bit storm-tossed and windy = beautiful!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Chris - I hope you get your creative mojo back soon.

Thank you Rhonda, you know how I love a good storm ;o)

JANE MINTER said...

beautiful

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you so much for popping over Jane. Best wishes.